|The Shell Game
||November 13, 1988
The Shell Game is the thirty-first Simpsons short. It aired on The Tracey Ullman Show on November 13, 1988. It was the second short of Season 3.
Bart tries to fool Homer and Marge into thinking that he hasn't stolen a cookie from the jar, with a game involving hidding them under bowls.
Bart tries to reach for a cookie in the cookie jar however Marge tells Bart to keep his hands out of the cookie jar and Bart simply doesn't care. Homer then magically appears and tries to give Bart a point, however Bart eats one when Homer and Marge leave. Bart then tries to score another cookie however Lisa pops up and tries to tattle on Bart. This then makes Homer and Marge come back in to check on Bart however there simple check-in turns out to be a game where Bart covers the cookie with a jar top and Homer and Marge have to guess which jar top the cookie is under. Homer and Marge then lose and declare Bart innocent. Bart then tries to get his cookie however Maggie winds up playing the game with Bart and the reason why the cookie was never under any of the jar tops was because Maggie ate it.
- Marge: Bart!
- Bart: (screams)
- Marge: Get your hand out of that cookie jar!
- Bart: Oh, man.
- Marge: That jar is off limits, Bart, and if I can't you with so much as one cookie...
- Bart: Whoa, I'm scared.
- Homer: Bart! I have those cookies.
- Lisa: Mom! Dad! Bart's eating cookies!
- Bart: Whew. (screams)
- Marge: What's under that bowl, Bart?
- Bart: Nothing.
- Homer: Lift up the bowl, boy. That one.
- Marge: That one.
- Bart: Hey, look over there.
- Marge: What?
- Bart: Oh, nothing.
- Homer: Middle one! Middle one! Huh?
- Marge: Oh, well. I guess he's innocent.
- Bart: Huh? Uh, that one. Uh, that one. Then that one. Hey, where's the cookie?