- For the commercial, see The Pacifier (Butterfinger commercial).
||June 21, 1987
The Pacifier is the fifth Simpsons short. It aired on The Tracey Ullman Show on June 21, 1987.
Bart and Lisa are playing in the yard with Maggie in the middle of them. Bart and Lisa take offense at Maggie sucking on her pacifier and Bart pulls Maggie's pacifier out of her mouth. Maggie leaves to her bedroom. She opens the drawer and finds hundreds more pacifiers, removes one, and walks away, sucking upon it. Maggie walks into the living room, and Bart and Lisa once again object. Bart pulls Maggie's pacifier out of her mouth again and they play catch with it. Maggie bites Bart's leg and catches the pacifier in her mouth. In the third scene, Lisa attempts to distract Maggie from sucking on her pacifier. Bart removes it and Lisa covers it with sauce. At the beginning of the next scene, Bart and Lisa are perfectly happy to see Maggie sucking on her pacifier. Maggie offers them each a pacifier, and to their surprise they enjoy the effects.
- Lisa: What a little baby you are!
- Bart: Don't you have any self respect?
- Lisa: You don't see us go around sucking on... pacifiers.
- Bart: It's time to grow up, you little runt.
- [Bart pulls Maggie's pacifier out of her mouth, Maggie leaves into the bedroom to get a new pacifier then Maggie puts her new pacifier in her mouth and sucks on it.]
- Bart: What?!
- Lisa: Another pacifier?
- Bart: You are a depraved little infant!
- Lisa: We're just trying to help you!
- Bart: Yeah... Help you!
- [Bart pulls Maggie's pacifier again and they play catch with Maggie's pacifier. Maggie bites Bart's leg and catches her pacifier in her mouth.]
- Bart: YOW!
- Lisa: Hey Maggie, look!
- [Bart removes Maggie's pacifier and tries to cover her pacifier up with hot sauce.]
- Bart: Quick, the hot sauce.
- [Bart puts Maggie's pacifier back in her mouth and the alarm blows. Maggie covers it in hot sauce then puts it back in her mouth.]
- Bart: You can have your pacifier.
- Lisa: See if we care.
- Bart: We don't need pacifiers.
- Lisa: We're big.
- Bart: We watch TV.
- Lisa: We're mature.
- [Maggie takes those pacifiers to Bart and Lisa.]
- Bart: What? For us?
- Lisa: Are you kidding?
- Bart: No way, man!
- [Lisa puts her pacifier in her mouth.]
- Lisa: Not bad!
- [Bart puts his pacifier in his mouth.]
- Bart: Not bad at all!
- [Bart puts his pacifier back in his mouth.]