The Falcon and the D'ohman/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"The Falcon and the D'ohman"
 Cultural references
- The title is a pun on the film The Falcon and the Snowman.
- Comic Book Guy mentions that he had spent his summer "savaging Mr. Popper's Penguins online."
- Homer's song "Sneaking in at Noon", is a parody of "Walking on the Moon" by The Police.
- The website MyTube (which the Ukranian gangsters enjoy watching) is a parody of the popular Internet video sharing site YouTube.
- During one of Wayne Slater's flashbacks, the ballet piece "Montagues and Capulets" from Sergei Prokofiev's Romeo and Julier is played. This is also the opening theme of the British version of The Apprentice.
- Homer compares Wayne's voice to Lauren Bacall's.
- Wayne killing Victor's wife and later killing Victor himself is a reference to 24, where Sutherland's character Jack Bauer accidentally killed Victor Drazen's wife and daughter, and later killed Drazen himself.
- In one of Wayne's flashbacks, which shows some of the training he went through as a CIA agent, he fights a number of different characters including:
- The silver safety hat that Mr. Burns awards Wayne is inside a box shaped like the Ark of the Covenant.
- In the CIA office, seen during one of Wayne's flashbacks, a sign hangs on the wall that reads "Urgent: Osama in Abbottabad- Get him now!"
- When Mr. Burns fires Wayne, he exclaims "off with his job", a play on the phrase "Off with his head!"
- In the power plant's locker room, there is a poster of a Mushroom Cloud. Above the cloud are the words "don't do this."
- Marge asks Wayne if the reason he came to Springfield was because of its Frito-Lay distribution center.
- Homer mentions that the reason Springfield can't be found on Google Maps is because they couldn't find a single aerial image of the town that didn't have a naked or urinating Homer in it.
- The reason Wayne chose to come to Springfield is because "it appears on no maps or charts." This is a reference to the fact that Springfield's State has never been mentioned by name.
- Victor mentions that Beyonce confirmed, through email, that she would play at his daughter's party.
- The buildings in Springfield's Little Ukraine:
- Comic Book Guy has a big red book on his book shelf. This could be Simpsons World The Ultimate Episode Guide: Seasons 1-20.
- Moe has a "brine" beer tap so he can put brine in pickled egg jars.
- In Moe's Tavern there is a sign that reads "try Laramie High Tars!"
- Edna and Ned are seen together in bed.
- On MyTube website the mobster is watching "AUTO-TUNE Disaster Victim". This is a reference to "Bed Intruder". It has 15,000 views.
- The mobster also finds a video of Wayne Slater, whom he hates, and one of his fellow mobsters suggests giving the video zero stars. YouTube itself, no longer has star ratings.
- At the beginning of the episode in Comic Book Guy's room, there are:
- The result of Nedna, a relationship formed in the previous episode "The Ned-liest Catch", is subtly revealed and Ned and Edna are still together.
- In Moe's Tavern there is a picture of Moe, Apu and Homer in their Pin Pals shirts. Otto also stands beside them. ("Team Homer")
- Barney Gumble's voice can be heard coming out of the washroom in the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. However, Barney does not work there. Though, this is likely used for comical effect, in that Barney is not supposed to be there, but he is. Also, he was in the crowd when Mr. Burns gives Homer the day off in a later episode, but Mr. Burns says he doesn't work there. Therefore he could be in the power plant accidentally.
- The terrorists seem to burn in the fireballs as Wayne circles them around Homer, but afterwards they are seen with smoke coming out of them.