Krusty Gets Busted/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
 Debut appearances
 Cultural references
- As Bart and Lisa arrive at the crime scene, the music from Mission: Impossible can be heard.
- The District Attorney is dressed up, and even acts a lot like 1950's attorney Perry Mason.
- Sideshow Bob's line, "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for these meddling kids" is from Scooby-Doo.
- The entire idea behind The Itchy & Scratchy Show cartoons is nothing more than an "extremely violent" version of the old Tom & Jerry cartoons. Their names, however, were inspired by the 1958 cartoon Pixie & Dixie.
- The cover of Timely Magazine showing a picture captioned "Krusty - Krook of the Year" is a pun on Time magazine's annual Person of the Year issue.
- Sign on the Kwik-E-Mart microwave: "People with pacemakers should stay away from this thing."
- Number of Slide Carousels Patty and Selma bring from their trip to the Yucatán: Eight.
- Krusty's prison number in this episode is A113. A113 is a little known Easter egg that Brad Bird puts in his films and cartoons, such as this one, all the Pixar movies, two other Simpsons episodes ("Cape Feare" and "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming"), and other films and cartoons.
- This is the first episode to have Krusty's name somewhere in the title.
- When Bart has images in his head while realizing Sideshow Bob was the criminal, some colored feet spin in the screen. All of them have 5 toes.
- When Patty and Selma show their slideshow to the family, it is impossible that a photo could be taken of Selma giving the camera film to the developer.
- When Apu says "You can emerge now from chips", Apu's right arm is missing.
- Sideshow Bob refers to The Death of a Titan as Chapter 35 of The Man in the Iron Mask, when in reality it is chapter 50.
- When Chief Wiggum is first seen in this episode his skin is brown. In his next appearance, he is white, and in his last appearance in the episode his skin is brown again.
- When Homer leaves Bart's room with the wheelbarrow of Krusty merchandise he has a Krusty balloon, however when he's walking down the corridor he doesn't.
- In this episode, Apu treats Homer normally, as if he'd never seen him before. But in Season 5's "Homer's Barbershop Quartet", Apu and Homer were in The Be Sharps, so Apu should know Homer.