Krusty Burger is a fast-food burger restaurant chain that was founded in Springfield. It's known to use a variety of animal meats in it, without any of them being what one would normally eat. Including zoo animals, road kill and insects. Fat Tony has a deal with Krusty to keep McDonald's and Burger King out of town so Krusty Burger is the only fast food chain in Springfield. There are 27 Krusty Burgers in Springfield.
Krusty Burger was founded by Krusty the Clown, star of The Krusty the Klown Show.
During the Summer of 1984, Krusty Burger launched a promotion that gave free burgers to those who pick Olympic Events won by the United States on their game cards. The games involved in the promotion were games that were traditionally won by the Russians. Unfortunately for Krusty, the Russians boycott the Olympics, and the United States win almost every event, costing him $44 million. He then vows on camera to spit on every fiftieth burger as a result of his loss.
One time, when Homer and Bart were trying to work as grease vendors, Homer decided after learning that the job's pay was far below what he expected, to rob a Krusty Burger of its grease and started shoveling the grease into Marge's car. Later, the Grease was stolen from them by the Acne Shovel and Grease Co.
After the restaurant was proclaimed the "unhealthiest restaurant in the world", Krusty decided that the restaurant should serve the "Mother Nature Burger", a vegetarian burger. Later, it turns out that the burger was made with tainted barley produced from Ogdenville because of a rat that got ran over and got all over the wheat for the bun., and anyone who consumed the burger received food poisoning.
The restaurants are also known for cost cutting measures, such as using discount books for booster seats.
Krusty also appears to have some input into running the company, personally losing $44 million when a promotional tie-in, in which Krusty Burger was chosen the Official Meat-Flavored Sandwich of the 1984 Summer Olympic Games, backfired due to a Soviet boycott, and Krusty Burger was forced to give away much more food than expected; Krusty expressed his displeasure by stating on live television that "I, personally am gonna spit into every fiftieth burger!"
It has frequently been established that Krusty is not particularly fond of the food served, shown when recording a commercial (immediately before learning of his $44 million dollar loss), he said, "Ewww! I almost swallowed some of the juice!" At one time, Krusty bit a Ribwich and said, "Mmm, I don't mind the taste!" When filming a commercial for The Clogger, he spits out the sandwich after they stop filming and throws the rest of it away, this might be because he's Jewish. One of their most popular burgers was the Ribwich, which was only around for a limited time. Homer once joined a group that tours the Krusty Burgers that sell the Ribwich.
Krusty Burger operates in thousands of locations across the United States including an unprofitable franchise on an unmanned off-shore oil platform. A Krusty Burger was seen in the city of Paris, France. There was formerly a Krusty Burger at the Fast Food Boulevard, but it was destroyed along with the entire district after a chain reaction occurred where Homer threw away a leaking Car battery which resulted in the battery juice to burn through a gas main located directly below the trash container and throwing away a lit match that ignited the gas main.
||The contents of this article or section are considered to be non-canon and therefore may not have actually happened or existed.
 The Simpsons: Hit & Run
In The Simpsons: Hit & Run, Cletus Spuckler often works for Krusty Burger, collecting roadkill for the burgers (according to Bart Simpson, it "explains the tire tracks".) Cletus also has to contend with Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, who claims that "no one can sell rotten meat in this town but me." There are seven Krusty Burgers in the game.
 The Simpsons: Tapped Out
||New Character, xp
||Dimensions - W x D
||13, 1 @ 15m
||Level 7 Quest
||Thawing "Meat" Patties
||8 x 6
 Behind the Laughter
- Krusty Burger is a parody of the worldwide fast food chains McDonald's and Burger King.
- Krusty Burger's Olympics marketing gaffe in "Lisa's First Word" was inspired by the real-life "When America Wins, You Win" game at McDonald's restaurants, in which the odds of winning free food, based on the chances of the U.S. winning medals, were calculated before the Soviet Union and other communist nations withdrew from the Games, leading the United States to dominate the medals chart, and McDonald's to lose a large amount of money on the promotion.
- In conjunction with the opening of The Simpsons Ride, Krusty Burger opened at Universal Studios Hollywood and replaced Doc Brown's Chicken in January 2009.
- A Burger King commercial featured Krusty telling the audience to not buy the Whopper and instead buy his deep fried Krusty Burger. He then proceeded to beg the audience stating that he was behind on seven allimonys and wearing paper bags for shoes. The Burger King mascot then appeared and offered Krusty a Whopper. Krusty then punched him and told the audience again to not buy the Whopper. The Burger King mascot then rose up and knocked Krusty unconscious.
- The Ribwich is a reference to the McRib of McDonald's, both burgers are very popular and are only around for a limited time.
||This article or section is incomplete.
Please improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.