Homer and Apu/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The undercover news van has "ORDINARY VAN" written on it in huge letters.
- According to the deleted scenes, Apu wears a wig.
- The Kwik-E-Mart does not accept checks from Chief Wiggum, Reverend Lovejoy, Homer J. Simpson, Homer S. Simpson, H. J. Simpson, Homor Simpson or Homer J. Fong.
- A sign in the world's first convenience store reads: The Master Knows All Except Combination To Safe.
- The slogan of the Monstromart: Where Shopping Is A Baffling Ordeal.
- The license plate of the ambulance reads: SLIP
- This episode was nominated for the 1994 Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Music and Lyrics for the song, "Who Needs The Kwik-E-Mart?".
- Clear back in the Season 1 DVD commentary, we learn that Apu's last name "Nahasapeemapetilon" was the full name of a high school friend of writer Jeff Martin.
- Apu looks into the dining room window and sees the family room with the couch and TV. This is not possible, because the family room is on the other side of the house. However, Homer could have moved the table and replaced it with the couch and TV.