Germany is a country in Europe. Its capital city is Berlin.
Abe Simpson and the Flying Hellfish fought against Adolf Hitler and the Nazis during World War II. Some time during the war, the Flying Hellfish stole paintings from a captured German castle and then made a Tontine to settle the issue of their future ownership.
Much later, after most the other Hellfish had died, Abe and Mr. Burns fought over the paintings. After many failed attempts to kill Abe and an unsuccessful attempt to steal the paintings after Abe fished them up from the bottom of a lake, Mr. Burns conceded defeat and let Abe have them. As Mr. Burns left however, the FBI showed up, took the paintings from Abe, and gave them to their rightful owner, Baron von Bertzenberger.
Brittany Brockman once convinced her father, Kent Brockman, to do a news story about the fall of the Berin Wall.
When Homer assumes command of a Navy submarine after accidentally killing its captain, his blundering navigation results in the vessel intruding into Russian waters. Taking this as a sign of American aggression, Russia turns back into the Soviet Union. Tanks are shown gathering in Moscow and the Berlin Wall is rebuilt, once again splitting Germany.
Gymnastics coach Lugash claims to have escaped from East Germany by cartwheeling over the Berlin Wall. Others, however, have said that he defected into East Germany.
||The contents of this article or section are considered to be non-canon and therefore may not have actually happened or existed.
Germany was also one of the levels in Around the World in 80 Bites, the third level in The Simpsons Game.
 Characters from Germany
- Two German businessmen, Hans and Fritz, took over the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant and brought in German workers like Horst.
- Springfield Elementary School exchange student Üter Zörker is from Düsseldorf, where his uncle owns a bubblegum factory.
- Gymnastics coach Lugash says he escaped East Germany by cartwheeling over the Berlin Wall. However, others have said that he defected into East Germany.
- Baron von Herzenberger, the rightful owner of the paintings stolen by the Flying Hellfish, came to the USA to recover them.
- When Homer was abducted and imprisoned on The Island, a man from Germany was sent to the Simpson home in his place. He called Marge "honey-fräulein" as soon as he walked in the door, and told her that to make up for his unexplained two-week absence, they would have a night of "efficient German sex".
- When the Simpsons converted their house into a youth hostel, it was quickly filled with German backpackers.
 Implied to be from Germany
- Homer's former assistant Karl is at least of Germanic origin, and obviously has some European cultural influence in his background.
- Monorail builder Sebastian Cobb speaks with a German accent.
- Baron Von Kiss-A-Lot speaks with a German accent and wears a uniform reminiscent of the style of the German Army during World War I.
- The Nuclear Physics Professor (whose class Homer takes at Springfield University) speaks with a German accent.
- Homer takes a shortcut to avoid a construction-related traffic backup, ends up on a narrow road on a cliff and makes way for two bicyclists. As they pass each other, Homer hollers, "Morning!" and one of the cyclists replies, "Guten Tag."
- President Arnold Schwarzenegger shouts in German, implying he may have German roots.
 External links