E Pluribus Wiggum/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
 Cultural references
- The episode name is based on E pluribus unum, which is a phrase on the Seal of the United States (Latin meaning "Out of many, one").
- While Homer is eating at the many fast-food restaurants, the song "Hungry like the Wolf" by Duran Duran plays.
- It's heavily implied in this episode that Moe Syzlak is unable to vote due to being a registered sex offender.
- This is notably one of the few episodes where Homer's perspective on a concept actually proves to be correct, as he imagines quite correctly what a Think Tank is when Lisa suggests it. This fact is even noted in the episode when, shortly after imagining it, sees his family staring at Homer as if completely shocked, and Homer says "What? Not allowed to get one right?"
- The promo shows the address "wiggumforprez08.com". If you go to http://wiggumforprez08.com, it redirects to TheSimpsons.com. If you go to http://www.wiggumforprez08.com, it goes to the FOX website.
- If this episode counts, then it will be the third episode to have it's english title in another language. The first two being "Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk" and "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer".
- Notice one of the people at Trader Earth's is Julio the gay man from Three Gays of the Condo.
- Juan Perón, former Argentinian president, was mentioned in a chat that Lenny and Carl had in Moe's Tavern. This fact made the episode be banned in Argentina, since they refer to Peron as a "dictator" while Mr. Peron is the only president in the country's history to be elected democratically by 3 periods. Confusion might be originated in the fact that Perón was ranked as General in the Argentinian Army.
- Lisa mentions that she and Ralph used to date. (I Love Lisa)