Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
 Cultural references
- The entire episode is a parody of the show 24.
- The opening is a parody of 24, with Jack Bauer saying "Previously on 24" (although he corrects this by saying "The Simpsons" after), the "Previously on The Simpsons" part shrinking around important characters and revealing their names and then Jack Bauer announcing the times that the episode take place between.
- The split screens and ticking clock are major features of 24.
- Jack Bauer and Chloe O'Brian both make appearances.
- The Counter Truancy Unit is a parody of the Counter Terrorist Unit.
- Bart's role is very similar to Jack Bauer. He is a rogue agent who does things his way. He also tortured Nelson into telling him what he wanted to know, which is something that Jack is famous for in 24.
- Lisa's role is similar to that of Chloe O'Brian. She analyses the data and tells Bart what she thinks about it.
- A mole in CTU has been explored several times in 24, most notably with Nina Myers in season 1 of 24.
- The stink bomb plot is fairly similar to the plot from season 5 of 24, which aired the year before "24 Minutes" came out. In season 5, terrorists planned to release nerve gas, in containers similar to the stink bomb, into populated areas. One of these was a shopping mall and was done via the air conditioning.
- When Bart is in detention, he asks for full immunity, which many terrorists and criminals from 24 have done.
- Martin's ringtone is the theme tune of The Odd Couple.
- Martin's self-wedgie is similar to a scene in the 1992 movie A Few Good Men when Lt. Col. Markinson puts on his dress uniform before killing himself.
- While the episode is based around only having 24 minutes the actual episode is about 21 minutes without commercial, It airing with commercials could possibly bring it up to 24.
- However, the commentator says that the episode takes place between 11:34 and 12:04, 30 minutes.
- Ingredients of the stink bomb: Road kill, Burnt hair, Jimbo's sister's retainer case, Six weeks of bottled farts, Possum placenta, Sweat from a walk-around Goofy suit, and TCBY (That Container of Botulized Yogurt).
- The upside-down newspaper Milhouse is holding is The Springfield Shopper. The headlines read "Mayor's Breath Still Problem", "Corn Less Popular" and "Bake Sale Today".
- In the opening sequence, one of the CTU's computer screens shows Willie making out with Ms. Hoover.
- Among the professional staff at Springfield Elementary is a secretary named Mrs. Lord.
- Martin Prince's Ant Farm brand is from Uncle Milton.
- Jimbo's mom's name is Carol.
- This episode won the 2008 Annie Award for Best Writing in an Animated Television Production.
- In Channel 4 (UK) broadcasts, the scene where Bart writes on his arm "Death Before Homework" is cut.
- The pictures Jimbo drew when he was in second grade are of: him watching The Krusty the Clown Show, him being afraid of monsters in his bedroom closet, him on a rollercoaster and him dispatching an enemy in a shark tank.
- In the school's ventilation system is: a box of 1950s history books labeled "too racist", a box of 1990s history books labeled "not racist enough", Uter stuck in a spider's web and Miss. Hoover and Santa's Little Helper lying passed out next to an empty liquor bottle.
Martin Prince looks into the mirror and the sash is able to read normally.
- In the opening, Jack Bauer says that the times that "24 Minutes" takes place between and gets mixed up between AM and PM, he says that it is "whatever the morning one is". However, the episode takes place in the afternoon. This could just be Jack getting confused again though.
- Somehow, the lettering on Martin's sash reverses, so it can be read properly in the mirror's reflection, and flips back to normal when he turns around.
- At 5:58 into the episode, the clock reads "2:38" in the Simpson kitchen. In the next scene with the Split Screen, the clock reads "02:38"
- The stink bomb would not have gone off at 3pm, it would have gone off at over 3:01pm, due to the fact that when Marge enters the gym, the clock reads "02:58", and when the bullies start the stink bomb countdown, there are 3 minutes on the clock.